Yep, we’ve done it. We have finally decided to open our doors to talented writers who have something original to say in the field of skincare!
Here’s the deal…
We ain’t no 2-bit, bottom feedin’, money hungry site focused purely on maximizing profits. Oh helllll no!
We’re in this thing because we have a cause. A purpose. A direction that we want to move towards. And if you want to sashay in that direction with us, that means you agree to follow our 6 golden rules when it comes to publishing content.
Our 6 Golden Rules
- You genuinely BELIEVE in the topic you wish to write about.
- You are willing to back up your ideas with lightbulb-over-the-head, a-ha moment inducing, detailed facts and figures.
- You want to take the time necessary to review and edit your articles. That also means making sure your content isn’t yawn-worthy and showcases your own one-of-a-kind, genuine personality!
- We DO NOT link to spammy minisites. If you’re hoping to get a backlink to your exact match domain(EMD) website, please go elsewhere. Only those with branded sites related to either beauty and skin care will be able to post on our site.
- Flaunt your personality within your posts. We have spent a LOT of time building up the BES brand and refuse to risk that for the sake of publishing a guest post. That means we will only accept posts that are full of sass, personality and fall in line with the overall tone of this site. If that’s not your writing style, we are not the site for you.
- Please, for the love of all things holy, make your post original. We are not interested in posts on the basics of skincare nor are we interested in publishing posts on topics we’ve already written about. Do yourself a favour and save yourself some time by browsing through our categories to make sure we haven’t already written on the topic you want to pitch.
As well as the 3 golden rules, try to stick to the following requirements:
- Word Count: 300-800 words. Try not to go over 800 words or else readers might move on before seeing your profile below the post.
- Tone: Try to keep it positive, entertaining, fun, sassy and original. We’re all for honestly, but please share it in a way that makes people feel good about what they’re reading. Try taking a look at the articles under DIY Tips & Tricks to get a better idea of what we’re after.
- Unique Content: We do check everything through copyscape.com, so don’t be a fool – write something cool, fresh and unique and readers will love you…and so will we!
- NO SEO ARTICLES!!: Don’t focus on targeting specific keywords. Most of the time they suck and no one will share the content. Not good for us and not good for you. Focus more on “shareable” content that you know people will love and want to share on their Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest profiles.
- NO Links in the Body of your Content: While we are happy to provide you with a link in your bio (see full details below), we do not allow guest writers to place any other links in the body of their content. And we mean that – when we say none we mean Zero. Zilch. Nada. NONE!
Here’s What We’re Looking For
- You MUST stay on the topic of this site and that is anything and everything skincare – from ailments to conditions, treatments to DIY tricks, natural skincare to new trends in the industry – we love it all!
- We’re only interested in posts that HELP our readers in some way, shape or form. Informative posts without helpful and ACTIONABLE information will not be accepted. There’s a site called wikipedia.org that’s already doing a pretty good job at providing that kind of content.
- If you can in some way relate what you’re saying back to a PERSONAL STORY of yours, you will improve your chance of being published.
- We love, love, LOVE all things DIY and natural, so please, if you have a home remedy you want to share or a quick fix for an annoying skincare problem get in touch and pitch it!
- Links to other posts on BesSkincare.com: Before you start writing your article, we recommend you run a quick search on our site to see if there are any similar articles of which you can link to. Links to external sites will be checked and only used in your bio, so please don’t just attempt to build backlinks to your own site(s).
- Here’s some examples of the types of posts you should be aiming to write in order to get published:
Returning The Love
If you are willing to abide by our code of quality, this is what you have to look forward to:
- Your Profile that will appear at the bottom of each of your published posts containing 1 do-follow backlink of your choosing. Try to keep it short (2-3 sentences) and sweet but long enough that it gets the point across as to who you are and what you’re about.
- Social Links: Links to all your social profiles – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google +, etc.
- Author Rank: Author rank will pass through an inbuilt rel=”author” tag on every post of yours that get’s published.
- Readers: Access to a rapidly growing readership. As of February 2013 we received close to 40,000 unique visitors and growing.
How To Start
If you think you have what it takes to be apart of our team, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Email Us us with the topic you have in mind. Also be sure to include: your name, website, links to social profiles, plus a bio that we can use if we like your post idea.
- If we do then we’ll ask you to get started and email us through your piece of content.
- If we approve your article, we’ll publish it on our site and let you know when it’s up – keep in mind that we have heaps of writers so your article may not be published for several weeks.
One final note, if the topic you pitch is more suited to our sister site TopBeautyBrands.com, we reserve the right to publish it there.
All that’s left to say now is, welcome aboard and get writin’!