Not too long ago the lovely folks of Trophy Skin reached out to us because they had a few fun and new products on the market.
If you’ve been around for any length of time then you know we’re big fans of their Microderm MD home microdermabrasion kit. With a price tag of $299, it’s not exactly budget friendly and it seems they got the memo. Because Trophy Skin wants to extend their reach, they have developed a mini version of their Microderm MD with a price tag to match.
Enter the MiniMD.
What is the MiniMD?
The MiniMD is a compact version of Trophy Skin’s original at home microdermabrasion kit, Microderm MD. This lightweight skin care tool comes with an easy-to-follow manual , has two levels of suction and comes with 30 filters so you can start renewing your skin right away.
What it does is suck up all the dirt, bacteria and dead skin cells that are making your skin look aged and uneven. You will experience noticeably brighter, smoother skin after just your first use.
How To Use the MiniMD
The MiniMD is super simple to use. Just follow these quick steps:
- Start by washing your face with soap and water
- Remove the diamond tip and place a new wool filter into the filter seat. Then, put the diamond tip back on
- Press the Power button until the device turns on. It will automatically start on low suction, so to change to high suction press the power button again. If you press the Power button when the device is on high suction it will turn the device off
- Holding the diamond tip flush against your skin, drag it across your face using short strokes. You can use your free hand to brace your loose skin so you don’t tug at it. Follow the face guide in the manual for best results.
- Once finished, discard the filter and clean the diamond tip with soap and water to prevent bacterial build up
- Rinse your face with cool water after each treatment and apply your favourite moisturizer
Easy – right!
Most treatments take as little as 5 minutes once you get used to the process and depending on your skin type, you can use the MiniMD 2-3 times each week.
When I first tried it out, I wasn’t sure what suction setting to use. After a little digging, I realized that the choice was mine. Depending on your comfort level and skin type, you can choose to go low or high. I would suggest starting on the low setting until you know how your skin will react to this treatment.
So, now that you know how to use it, let’s get down to the nitty gritty of it all.
What I Loathed
After my initial use, there was really only one thing I could complain about. Because the device is so small, it lacks the power of the original Microderm MD. On the flip side, if you have super sensitive skin, this can slide down to the “Pro” column.
What I Loved
Ok, where do I begin? First of all, the MiniMD is light and easy to hold, making application a breeze. After just 5 minutes of use my skin felt as smooth as a baby’s bottom and my complexion looked brighter and more even. Especially noticeable after all the freckles I gained from the summer sun this year.
Another perk of this product is the cheaper price tag. Obvs, not everyone has $99 to spend at once, but that’s okay because Trophy Skin offers monthly finance payments for as low as $9. Now how’s that for affordable?
Where to Buy the MiniMD
As always, we believe that buying products is always best from the manufacturer. You can grab your very own MiniMD from the Official Trophy Skin website. When you buy with them you get a 30 day Satisfaction Guarantee PLUS a 6 Month Warranty on the device itself.
Also, for the time being they are offering to pay for your shipping, so what are you waiting for?