The word alone brings shivers to my skin.
Cellulite is a ridiculously common skin ailment that drives us ladies bananas. Dimpled derrieres are not a good look and we would stop at nothing to get rid of it.
Luckily, there are several simple homemade remedies we can use to tackle this issue.
Since I like things easy, let’s start by me sharing a 3 ingredient, 3 step, super simple coffee scrub for cellulite.
Quick & Caffeinated Coffee Scrub for Cellulite
To make this refreshingly effective scrub, you will need:
- 1/2 cup ground coffee beans (caffeinated or decaf; it don’t matter!)
- 1 tablespoon local raw honey
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
Making this scrub is beyond easy. Simply:
- Mix all of your fabulous ingredients together
- They should form a nice paste, so if it’s a little too liquidy, add some more coffee
- If your blend comes out a little too dry, just add in a dash more almond oil
Now that you’ve mastered the consistency, it’s time to get dirty. Like Christina Aguilera Dirrrrrty!
All you have to do now is:
- Hop in the bathtub to help contain the mess
- Take a handful of your scrub and rub it over your cellulite areas using strong circular motions
- Using circular motions helps exfoliate the skin and stimulate the blood flow
Your dimple hot spots are usually your bum, thigh and knees and belly so focus on these areas and spend at least 5 minutes on them with your scrub.
Now that you’re all lathered up with your coffee concoction, it’s time for the final step: Rinse.
Simple, right? If you follow up your rinse with a damn good cellulite cream you are doubling your chances of ditching those dimples.
If you’re wondering why this brainless DIY works so well, I’ll enlighten you…
A Little 411 on My Coffee Scrub
Coffee is a magnificent antioxidant. It’s so good it actually helps rectify issues after one time use because it constricts your fat cells.
Of course, immediate results are only temporary so this is a scrub you are going to want to use over and over again. Try adding this coffee scrub for cellulite to your beauty routine at least 2-3 times a week and gage your results by taking before and after pics (and send them to us! We love a good before and after).
Suffering from dull facial skin too? Not for long. Use some of your leftover scrub and give your face a good rub down. The natural oil found in coffee will help annihilate blackheads, unclog your pores, reserve sun damage and even out the skin tone. Not too shabby for such an easy DIY.
A few little hot tips:
- Rinse your shower/bathtub immediately so it does not stain the tiling or tub
- Speaking of staining, this will NOT stain your skin. Hallelujah!
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and healthy
So ladies, think you will give this coffee scrub for cellulite a try? Dish your thoughts in the comment section below!