If you long for skin that is brighter and more vibrant looking there is no need to settle for expensive skin solutions that are filled with chemicals and unnatural ingredients.
Who needs a department store with costly skin “brighteners” that have ingredients in them that you cannot even pronounce? You can be confident with what you are putting on your face with natural ingredients that you can make right at home. The brightest, healthiest skin can be yours when you turn to nature for help.
Bright Skin is In…the Natural Way
Who knew that a quick pit stop at your local health food and herb store could help you towards a brighter face?
Yep — as it turns out, herbs are a great (and natural!) way to boost your usual beauty routine and give you radiant looking skin. And who doesn’t want that?
A brighter face makes you look alert, ready for anything that comes your way, and healthier. It can really bring on the compliments!
Want to brighten skin with herbs? Here are some of our faves that can dramatically increase the brightness of your skin and give you that glowing, ambient look.
Chamomile tea has been used for a multitude of maladies, such as anxiety, insomnia, and stomach pains, but this powerful daisy-like herb can also lighten your skin. It gives it a brightening boost by diminishing any age spots or dark circles under the eyes. It also evens out the skin tone by its pore-tightening natural ingredient all while making the skin soft.
Want to give it a whirl? Try this:
- Add three to four tablespoons of flowers to one cup of water
- Bring it to a boil
- Apply this tea (once cooled down – DUH!) to the face and neck.
You can also add a teaspoon of honey and rose tea to the mixture and leave on the skin – just like a mask – for about 15 minutes.
After rinsing with cool water, you will immediately feel the effects of this all-natural face wash and mask.
The word “Calendula” has such a pretty, calming sound to it, and for good reason! This vibrant, orange and golden flower works wonders for wounds and rashes. Many people with eczema swear by it!
It is no wonder that calendula can and will brighten your skin. Natural calendula ointment is sold at many natural health stores, or you can make your own! Here’s how:
- Take 1/4 cup of calendula petals (dried), 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil, 1/8 cup of beeswax (grated), and 15 drops of lavender oil.
- Heat the petals and the olive oil in a small crock pot for 2-3 hours.
- Use cheesecloth to carefully (and slowly) strain the oil from the mixture. In order to do this, you can take the cheesecloth and rubber-band it around the top of a large cup (or bowl…with a lip) and then pour the mixture onto the cloth. It will catch the flowers and the oil will go into the cup.
- After that tedious step, pour the oil into a saucepan and heat it on low. Stir in the beeswax and lavender.
- Finally, pour it into a container for storing and let cool.
You will have a nice supply to use on your skin, and your face will thank you for it!
Lavender and Sandalwood are two essential oils that have serious healing properties in the areas of anti-aging, acne, sunburn, and oily skin. Depending on your preference for scent, either of these essential oils are ideal for brightening the skin.
Sandalwood is different in that it can also tighten the skin, as it contains a natural astringent. Lavender, on the other hand, softens the skin and helps give it a natural “glow”.
Choose which of these essential oils works best for you, or alternate them each night.
Mother Nature really has the best natural gifts for anyone who wants their skin to look bright and glowing. There are many options out there, and it can be fun to experiment and see what works best for you.
So tell me – do you swear by any particular herbs? Be sure to share your skincare secrets in the comment section below and help a fellow beauty babe out!