*This is a guest post from Jill*
I had terrible acne for almost 15 years. Then one summer, I cleared it for good. And it was ‘effing awesome!
One problem though: The scars.
Really!? Really??!! I suffered with acne for fifteen years only to clear it and be stuck with these terrible marks on my face? I was so upset.
That being said—part of my journey to clear my acne involved using food to clear my skin. I drank a ton of green juices, added in five thousand veggies a day (not really, but kinda), stopped eating gluten, dairy, meats (plus a few other things) and my skin freaking bloomed.
So naturally, when I was looking for acne scars home remedies, I looked to food first.
I mean, there had to be DIY home remedies for scars. Turns out I was right, there are!
After a ton of research over a few months, I found a few—and I’d love to share them with you!
They’re easy, inexpensive, natural, and you’ll most likely have all of the ingredients in your kitchen today!
Here are the 4 acne scars home remedies I used to clear my scars, straight from my kitchen…
4 Fabulous Acne Scars Home Remedies
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon onto a cotton ball.
- Apply this to any area that needs scar reduction for about 10 minutes a day, every day
- In a few weeks you’ll see some lightening.
What makes this treatment so effective is the fact that lemons are a natural skin lightener and have a sort of “bleaching” effect, making them great at healing scars.
- Grab a bag of chamomile tea and let it steep for 6 minutes in hot water.
- Once the tea bag is quite done steeping, take it out, and soak a small face cloth in the left over water.
- Take the face cloth out, lie down (kick back, it’s chill timeJ), apply the cloth to your face and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
The cool thing about this treatment is, well, you’re doing like the Romans here: Greeks and Romans used this method for wound healing and to reduce inflammation! Cool, right?
- Peel one cucumber into circular slices.
- Apply the inside (white part) to the desired area and leave for 10 minutes.
And that’s it! Easy, isn’t it?
So why does this remedy work? Well, cucumber is refreshing, healing, soothing (for itchy scars), has an-anti inflammatory effect, and helps to give skin a more even texture.
Oatmeal + Honey
- Put two scoops of oatmeal and one tablespoon of honey in a bowl.
- Mix into a delicious paste, apply to the affected area and let it sit for 10 minutes.
Both the honey and oatmeal act as natural exfoliators, meaning they help to remove dead skin cells so you’ll get a nice new glow. On top of your new radiant glow you will also be encouraging new skin cells to generate, helping your scars fade away gradually.
Use these strategies for 1-2 months consistently and you’ll see a serious reduction in scarring without using any harsh/drying chemicals.
Of course, if you would like a quicker solution to getting rid of those acne scars (like, now!) then check out Dermefface FX. It’s a potent fix and will clear up those scars in no time.
Jill Therese is a former acne sufferer who is committed to helping others heal their acne from the inside out through the power of positive thought, nutrition, juicing, and movement at healyourfacewithfood.com. She is a former French poetry major (yes, yep.) from North Carolina, an ACE certified fitness instructor and IntenSati leader, a Series 7 & 63 certified financial representative, a 3x half marathon runner and a former actress. She can usually be found tweeting funny interweb snippets @heyjilltherese, watching bulldog videos online, reading as many books as humanly possible and/or watching the sunset in Brooklyn from her best friend’s roof with a glass of vino. She wants everyone to feel glowing and beautiful in their own skin, and hopes healyourfacewithfood.com can help you do that.